Finally, you can get expert advice on ending codependency no matter where you're located or what stage of recovery you're in. We've created a step-by-step framework for codependeny recovery in conjunction with recovering codependents and real codependency experts. Whether you're just discovering your own codependency, working hard toward recovery, or already seeing a counselor, we'll provide the tools to guide your journey toward healthier, happier relationships.BUY BUILD BETTER BOUNDARIES NOW!
~ Build Better Boundaries Student
Years after my sister and I both battled through life-altering codependency issues, we decided to transform our troubling experiences into something good. We started connecting with other codependents to understand their personal struggles, interviewing codependency experts on the topics that matter most, and creating resources to help codependents have happier lives. I want to share our latest, most in-depth approach to helping codependents.
Build Better Boundaries combines in-depth video lessons and practical, hands-on activities for your personal growth. The course framework and videos are optimized to be viewed on any browser-enabled device, and handouts are downloadable in PDF format via Adobe Acrobat. The result is impactful and highly actionable content you can start doing immediately. (All course content is available immediately upon purchase.)
Learn where to draw the line and set boundaries without losing yourself. Maintain compassion while you recalibrate.
Learn the tactics for saying "no", how to say "no" and stick to it, stop getting defensive, and reinforce your new boundaries.
Learn to love your own company, stop sabatoging your progress, start cultivating a network of support as you move forward.
Learn what codependency really is and what it isn't, and explore how it materilaized in your life through self & family evaluation.
Learn how to explore previously unquestioned core beliefs about yourself, and begin learning the skills needed for long-term success.
Learn how to recognize and respond to triggering events and change negative behavior patterns. Reframe your reactions to develop healthier habits.
In this module, we discuss the characteristics of codependency and where it comes from, and then give you exercises to evaluate your own life and upbringing, so that you can put a magnifying glass over the root of your issue, realize it’s not your fault, and find real inspiration and motivation for change.
When you get serious about codependency recovery, life changes. You find that you need support. Sometimes you want to connect with others. That's why we've also set up the Build Better Boundaries Inner Circle, a place where you can go to instantly connect with others who have gone through this course, via Facebook. Sometimes you'll need the comfort of knowing that you're not the only one who's going through this, and a place to:
- Share and celebrate your progress
- Find an accountability partner
- Get motivation in moments of weakness
...So when you join the course, you'll also be granted access into the closed, private Inner Circle.
Do you need that extra, personal nudge in the right direction?
Do you have questions you'd like to ask an expert, but don't want to invest in regular long-term counseling?
Then our Coaching Package is for you! Sign up for the coaching package and get 4 opportunities to connect with a professional counselor (and experienced codependent) John Raven. Office hours entail:
- Bi-Weekly 2-Hour Open Time Slots (Saturdays)
- Access To A Conference Call Line Where John Will Be Available For the Duration
- An Opportunity To Get Questions Answered Professionally, and Support and Reinforcement On Your Recovery
(Note: You are not necessarily guaranteed one-on-one time when you call. This is an open conference call, and there may be others on the line as well.)
Here's what real people are saying about wanting to heal from codependency:
- "I want to be helpful to others but I often suffer for it. People say I was mistaken and they really didn't want help, or they take advantage and expect me to do even more."
- "I think I feel guilty for being codependent, and if I can find a logical reason for it then it won't feel like it's all my fault."
- "I want this cycle to end. I don't want my children to have the same experience and hurt that I've had."
- "Even though I've made progress, sometimes I see myself falling back into codependent behaviors and I have to reel myself in."
- "I know I need to detach, but I only know how to detach with anger. I know that I need to learn how to detach with love."
- "Being codependent affects my well-being, my ability to focus at work or tasks at hand being I am so hurt and bothered."
Wow. The worst part is, so many of these peoples' frustrations have lasted for years. This is what pure torture feels like.
But that's exactly why I had to create Build Better Boundaries. After talking with so many people and finding patterns in what they were saying, the answer started to become clear to me.
Codependents Need a System To Follow With Clear, Logical Steps To Understand The Root Of Their Issue, Become Self-Aware, Recognize Triggers, Set Boundaries, Gain a Supportive Network, and Get Firmly Established On a Road To a Better Life.
When I finally realized this, I pulled together a team of talented and passionate people to help develop and teach Build Better Boundaries, including a professional counselor and author, a counseling psychologist, a long-term recovered codependent who regularly works with others. Together, we created and delivered Build Better Boundaries to a small group of codependents who wanted help.
We spent six weeks with the group, teaching the course, getting their feedback, and ensuring that our material and exercises actually helped them make progress towards recovery.
Here's what our students had to say:
- "The course caused me to stop and take a look at myself; who I wanted to be and who I was being. I had some denial. Now I realize that this is a process and I can't just get 'fixed'."
- "I have more of an awareness of where I am in my walk with recovery, and what areas I really still need to work on. And now I have the tools to do it."
- "Having the worksheets and something for me to look back to was helpful for me to keep on track and stay focused on it."
- "I gained greater self-awareness. As I’ve been learning about the different pieces of codependency and how they apply to me, I’m starting to identify those things in my daily life. I’m becoming more self-aware."
- "This was a really easy way to learn about codependency. It doesn’t take up a lot of time. It’s not as intimidating as, for example, going to one of those group meetings, I haven’t been to any of those. But it just seems like a really easy way to just learn about it, and it doesn’t require a high level of commitment – it’s comfortable."
A Closer Look At What's Inside Build Better Boundaries...
In this module, we provide an example of how to flesh out previously unquestioned core beliefs, and explore their validity and usefulness in your life. And we teach core, foundational skills you can start practicing to set yourself up for long-term success.
In this module, we address an imperative milestone in your recovery, recognizing and reframing the triggers that activate your subconscious tendencies. If you want to see real change, you’ll need to start pinpointing your negative behavior patterns, so we’ll give you the tools to identify and reframe your reactions to these critical moments.
In this module, we discuss the importance of boundaries, why they’re often skewed for codependents, the difference between loose vs. rigid boundaries, how to set and maintain healthy boundaries with others and yourself, and what to expect when you start setting boundaries.
In this module, we discuss common mental tricks and myths about assertiveness and reinforcing boundaries, when it’s okay to say “yes” vs. “no”, what YOU get out of saying “no”, and some practical strategies for standing firm when your boundaries are challenged.
In this module, we discuss how to stay the course toward long-term recovery, what to do when you feel yourself slipping back into old patterns, how to love your own company, use affirmations to reinforce your new beliefs, and develop a more supportive network to sustain you through your journey.
After each module, we provide downloadable exercises so you can take immediate action on the lesson you just learned. The handouts will reinforce your understanding of the material, and challenge you to take the next step toward healing.
Some handouts and exercises include Self Evaluation & Family Of Origin, Emotions Diary, Your Role In The Family, Mindfulness Exercises, Describing & Observing Triggers, Guidelines for Self-Respect, The Enabling Personality, Guidelines For Accepting Reality, How Old Are You On The Inside, Triggering Moment Survival Strategies, The Four Codependency Schemas, Signs Of Ignored Boundaries.